Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 31 - COPD Healed from God's Presence

Day 31 of my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and the day ended with a miraculous healing just by entering a restaurant with God's Presence in the room.  Before this miraculous event, most people I approached were unresponsive when I asked to pray for them.  Only 3 out of 10 people I approached wanted to receive prayer and up till then no one was healed. 

I was finishing up my day when I stopped by a Burger King to treat myself to a 50 cent ice cream cone when I noticed two brothers I prayed for two weeks ago on Day 22 of my journey.  One of the brothers noticed me right away and we struck up a conversation.  I didn't know it at the time but before I came in he was coughing a lot and when I walked up to him he stopped coughing.  Read on to find out how he was healed . . .


Today was the start of my seventh week and it is becoming more natural to approach people to share the good news of the Kingdom of God.  However, I also noticed that fewer people are responding to receive prayer.  Today only 3 people wanted prayer before I stopped by Burger King.  That is only a 30% positive response rate.  Last week I had about a 40% response rate for prayer.   Where the beginning of my journey I was experiencing about a 60% positive response rate for prayer.  I think I must be doing something right because it appears that the enemy is fighting back.

But still it is a whole lot easier to go up to people to ask if they want prayer.  I naturally want to ask everyone I come across who has some type of obvious need if they want prayer because I have gone out 30 times and approached 244 people.  This natural ease to approach people with the Kingdom message is one of my goals in my journey.  But my deepest desire is to walk in God's Presence carrying His Presence everywhere I go.  I want to have His Presence change the atmosphere around me to do the greater works that He said I would do.

That appeared to happen today when I walked into Burger King after finishing up my day.  After my initial conversation with Doug (one of the brothers) I got my ice cream and went back and pulled up a chair to sit and talk some more with them.   After some time talking about things in our lives developing a new friendship, I found out that Doug had just come from the doctor's office for a general check up (see Day 25 about building a relationship first).  He found out from the doctor that his coughing was because he had COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) which is a common lung disease that makes it difficult to breath.  The doctor also told him that it would not go away but that he could manage it.

Just then I asked him if he would like the COPD to go away completely and he exclaimed, "Yes! I would."

I laid hands on Doug and prayed that the Holy Spirit would bless his lungs.  I commanded the COPD to go and healing to take place in his lungs.  When I finished praying I asked Doug how he felt.  He then told me that when I came into Burger King and started to talk with him he stopped coughing.  This happened way before I started to pray for him.  It appears that God Presence changed the atmosphere and cause healing without ever saying a word.

I can't confirm that his COPD is completely gone, but before I came into Burger King he had a chronic cough and while I was there he did not cough at all and said he was breathing a lot better after I prayed. Maybe I will see him again next month and confirm that his COPD is completely gone.  Praise the Lord for his healing!  I didn't have to say anything.  God did it all just by showing up with His Presence.

I wonder what is going to happen tomorrow in the 32nd Day of my Journey to Experience More.  Let me know what you think or send an encouraging word.  Would anyone like to start their own journey?  Let me know and start posting each day of your journey in the comments section of each day of my journey.  Do you have COPD or other prayer concerns and would like to receive a prayer of healing?  Let me know by clicking on the Prayer Requests section.  Come back often to see what more God is going to do in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment