Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day 24 - It's A Lot Easier When You Know Where to Go

Day 24 of my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and I went into the city today.  I think it was one of the hottest days of the year so I don't know what I was thinking when I ventured into the city today.  My younger son had a youth event in the city and I had some time to kill so I walked around the city streets trying to find someone to pray for.  I was able to approach 5 people all of which needed physical healing but only one person wanted to receive prayer.  Yesterday I found out that it was a lot easier to go with friends to pray for others.  Today I found out that there are locations that are a lot easier to minister at than others.  Read on to find out more. . .


It must have been almost 100 degrees but it felt like 150 degrees.  The humidity was so high it was difficult to breath and my whole body was drenched.  But I was eager to venture out into the city in a new area I haven't explored yet.  Since I was already downtown and I had to come back to pick up my son, I just stayed there and walked around trying to find people to pray for.  I guess because of the high heat and humidity those that were sick or needed physical healing played it smart and stayed in doors but I was pressing in for more. 

I finally found a man in a wheel chair that looked like he was waiting for the bus.  He had two enormous  welts on his arm that looked like tumors or it could have been an infection.  I introduced myself and asked him if he needed prayer but he said he was good and declined.  I thought to myself, "You have these huge welts on your arms.  You are definitely not good and could use some healing."  But instead of saying that, I simply blessed him and went on my way. 

The next guy who was right down the street was also in a wheel chair.  He could not walk because he was paralyzed from his back.  I approached him and told him I was a Christian and that when I pray people get healed.  I asked him if he would like prayer and his first response was, "What did you say?"

I repeated what I said and he replied, "If it will do something for you."

I was filled with compassion for him and said, "It's up to you if you want to receive prayer." 

When he noticed that I was sincere, he asked how long would it take?  I let him know that God can heal quickly if He wants.  He then accepted my offer of prayer for healing.  I asked the Holy Spirit to come and commanded his spine to be healed.  After a little time in prayer he let me know that nothing seemed to happen but he was very grateful for the prayer and the love he felt.

I looked up after I prayed for him and saw a least three more people in wheel chairs.  I think I was in front of a housing development for the handicapped.  I immediately thought that I have found a goldmine of people to pray for.  I became very disappointed that one right after the other declined my offer to pray for them.  There seemed to be an atmosphere of an oppressive spirit over that area that almost everyone in the area was not responsive to the Gospel message that the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.  I was only able to pray for one person and did not find any one else to pray for.

Oh that I would be led by the Spirit to go to the right place, at the right time, to the right person, and say the right words.  That is what Jesus did all the time.  He went where the Father was going;  He did what the Father was doing; and He said what the Father was saying all the time.  Come Holy Spirit and guide my steps so that I would be only going where my Father is going; doing what my Father is doing; and saying what my Father is saying.  Until that time I will keep on pursuing Him for I know He will reward me for my diligence in seeking Him (Heb. 11:6).

I wonder what the Lord is going to show me tomorrow in the 25th Day of My Journey to Experience More.  Let me know what you think or send some words of encouragement in the comments below.  Come back often to see what God is doing in my journey.  You might want to start your own journey to experience more.  Let me know if decided to start your own journey.  You can post your journey in the "Share your experience" section on the right side of this page if you would like to share it with us and encourage others.

No comments:

Post a Comment