Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 20 - I'm Good

Day 20 of my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and I was astounded at the response I heard several times today, "I'm Good." and walked away not wanting prayer.  I approached 11 people today but only 5 of them wanted prayer.  Only 2 of the 5 who received prayer needed to be healed of something obvious.  The other 3 people who received prayer needed financial blessing. 

There were 6 people who had obvious need of physical healing that turned down prayer.  All responded similarly, "I'm good." then walked away without wanting any prayer.  Many reasons were given.  Read on to find out their responses and to find out what happen to my son when I prayed for him after being in a bike accident. . .

The first person I approached who didn't want prayer was an older lady who had difficulty walking.  Her husband was helping he to the car when I asked if I could pray for her after explaining that others have been healed when I pray.  Her husband spoke up for her and said, "No thank you.  We are in a hurry."  I thought, if God would have healed them right then, I don't think they would have been in such a hurry.  But they didn't wait to see what God wanted to do. 

The second person was an older guy who looked like he had some skin disease and I noticed his eye was blood shot and watery.  He didn't want prayer either and told me that he prays as if to say, "I've already prayed and it hasn't worked for me.  Why do you think it will work when you do it?"  I was thinking of all the deception that people have been taught that they can only be healed if it is God's will and this must not be His will because I'm not healed.  They base their belief on their experience or someone else's experience and not based on the Word of God which says, "[B]y whose stripes you were healed" (1 Peter 2:24, NKJV).

The third person I came across was an elderly woman who was with her daughter.  She was using the shopping cart to help her walk and was going very slow.  I asked both of them if they could use any prayer and the daughter said that her mother could.  But when I repeated the request to her mother she simply declined and walked away.

The fourth person was at the local mall.  He was a middle aged man would had an ankle brace and was walking with a cane.  He told me, "I'm good." and walked away.  The fifth person was walking with a cane he also told me, "I'm good.  I pray."   He thanked me for the offer and walked away without receiving any prayer.  The last guy had his wrist wrapped up because he just got injured on the job.  He also told me, "It's OK. I'm good." and did not receive prayer.

Most people think they are "good" but it is obvious that they need to be healed.  They have accepted their infirmity; lived with it so long that they have learned to put up with it; or they rely on man's treatment not God's healing power.  Satan, the great deceiver, has caused many people, including Christians, to accept what has happened to them as being God's will.  It is simply not so.  He wants all of mankind to be healed.  He never asked the disciples to pray for the sick.  He commanded them to heal the sick (Luke 9:2).

We should do the same for Jesus told the disciples to "[teach] them to obey everything I have commanded you" (Matt. 28:20, NIV).  Case in point:  I came home after only praying for a few people and my younger son came up to me.  He told me that he flipped his bike over and banged his head and body on the ground.  He told me his head was throbbing and was still in a lot of pain.  I immediately ask if I could pray.  Without hesitation he accepted.

I prayed that the Holy Spirit would bless his head and commanded all the pain to go.  I commanded his head, brain and brain cells to be healed in Jesus name.  It wasn't that long that he told me his head was better and all the throbbing was gone.  I was also able to pray for his wrist and his rib cage that was in pain and hurting.  As soon as I prayed the pain left.  Praise the Lord!  What a difference from someone who says, "I.'m good." but really isn't and my son who says, "I need prayer." because he knows that God wants to heal him not that He can heal if He chooses to.

I can't wait to see what God's going to do Monday on the 21st Day in my Journey to Experience More.  What do you think?  Let me know in the comments below or write a few encouraging words.  Your comments are greatly appreciated.  Check back often to see the greater works that God is doing on this journey to experience more.

No comments:

Post a Comment