Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 28 - I Could Have Prayed For an Angel

Day 28 of my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and I spent a lot of time trying to find people to pray for when something unusual happened to me today.  I spent over 3 hours looking for people and I was able to approach 6 people of which 4 of them received prayer.  All of them had obvious need of physical healing.  After spending a lot of time going to the grocery store and walking around the mall and only praying for 1 person, I was feeling discouraged.  I asked the Lord to give me words of knowledge or to direct me to someone I could pray for.  Almost as soon as I prayed, I noticed a man with a sling around his arm walking down the street on the other side as I was passing him in my car.  Read on to find out what happened next and why I think he might have been an angel sent by God to encourage me . . .

I continued to drive down the street past him but I decided to turn around and ask him if he wanted prayer.  He was still walking down the street when I pulled up close to him and jumped out of my car.  I yelled, "Excuse me sir." and then ran to catch up to him.

When I got to him I introduced myself and said, "I'm a Christian.  When I pray people get healed.  Could I pray for you?"  He said I could pray for him so I proceeded to find out what happened to his arm that was in a sling.  I found out his name was Rolland who said he recently had surgery for his wrist that he broke in a truck accident.

He allowed me to put my hand on his wrist when I prayed, "Holy Spirit come and bless Rolland's wrist.  I command your wrist to be healed in Jesus name.  I command all pain to go right now.  I command your bones to be made new.  Father, show Rolland your goodness in Jesus name I pray."

After I finished praying Rolland asked my name.  I gave my full name, Daniel Green, which I hardly ever give my last name but I felt inclined to do so.  I blessed him and he continued to walk up the street as I walked back to my car.  About two seconds later I turned around to see how he was doing and there was no one in sight.  I looked up and down both sides of the street and did not see anyone.  It was a pretty open area and it would have been almost impossible to disappear from sight in that short of time especially in his condition.

That's when I thought that he could have possibly been an angel sent by God to encourage me in my journey.  Hebrews 13:2 says, "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it" (NASB).  Who knows I could have shown hospitality to an angel that God sent to me with a message of encouragement. 

I looked up the word Rolland and found out it means "famous land."  Is God showing me that I am going on a journey to a famous land like He led the Israelites to the Promised Land?  I was greatly encouraged today and know that I will come to this famous land that I have been seeking where I will be able to walk and talk with my Heavenly Father all the time to know where He is going, what He is doing, and what He is saying. 

I want to hear the voice of the Lord and be able to walk and talk with Him all day long just like Adam did before the fall.  Being with God all the time will naturally bring about signs, wonders, and greater works because His presence will supernaturally change the environment and establish His Kingdom everywhere I go.  I just need to be in tune with what He is doing.  I don't know if Rolland was an angel or not but I was greatly encouraged today to continue on my journey to experience more of God's presence in my life.

I'm anxious to see what God is going to do tomorrow on the 29th Day of my Journey to Experience More.  Let me know what you think in the comments below.  Your comments are greatly appreciated.  Check back often to see what new things God is going to show me in my journey to experience more.

No comments:

Post a Comment