Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 26 - Always Minister in Compassion

Day 26 of my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and there were not a lot of receptive people who wanted to receive prayer.  I went to 10 stores today and only was able to approach 8 people who had some obvious physical need of prayer.  However, only 3 people wanted prayer and the rest did not with no one appearing to be healed.  The first person I approached was in a mobile cart waiting at the checkout counter with her husband.  I introduced myself and asked if she could use prayer thinking that she wanted physical healing.  However, she wanted prayer for a tragic event that recently happened in her life.  Read on to find out more. . .

She let me know that her son recently died.  I told her know how sorry I was and offered a prayer of compassion asking the Holy Spirit to comfort and be with her at this time.

All to often my first intention is to think that people want to be healed of some obvious physical healing.  However, a lot of times there are more pressing things that are weighing them down.  Their physical condition might be secondary to what is going on currently.  That is why I need to always minister in compassion sharing God's love to everyone I meet.  If I am only concerned about performing a miracle or healing someone then I'm missing the point of the way Jesus always ministered - in compassion.

Jesus always had compassion for the people He ministered to.  It is said of Him: "Seeing the people, He felt compassion for them. . ." (Matt. 9:36, NAS); "When He went ashore, He saw a large crowd, and felt compassion for them and healed their sick" (Matt. 14:14, NAS); "I feel compassion for the people, because they have remained with Me now three days and have nothing to eat (Matt. 15:32, NAS); "Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes; and immediately they regained their sight and followed Him (Matt. 20:34, NAS); Mark 1:41-42 "Moved with compassion, Jesus stretched out His hand and touched him, and said to him, "I am willing; be cleansed" (Mark 1:41, NAS); and many more references (bold italics mine).

Our primary reason for seeking out those who need healing should always be compassion for them.  If our motivation is anything other than compassion then it is miss guided at best and maybe even a little self-serving.  Sharing the good news of the Gospel is always a message of God's love.  "For God so loved the world that He gave. . ." (John 3:16, NAS).  God's motivation for giving His only Son was love and therefore should be the core message of the Gospel we present to others and the way we minister to others.

The healing and miracles are evidence of God's love and goodness not the primary purpose.  God's love and compassion should always be at the forefront of our ministering to others in need of healing and miracles.  That is why most of the time I go out to pray for the sick, I continually ask the Lord to consume me with His love and compassion.

I wonder what God will show me tomorrow on the 27th day in my Journey to Experience More.  Let me know what you think or send an encouraging word in the comments below.  Check back often to see what great things God is going to be doing in my journey.  I can't wait to see what's going to happen tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment