Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 48 - It Matters to This One

Day 48 of my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and I was only able to approach and prayer for one person today.  I spent about 2 hours looking for people to pray for as I was doing my grocery shopping today.  I went to 3 grocery stores and a dollar store but was only able to find one person to pray for.  Sometimes I get discouraged when I am not able to pray for a lot of people.  But today God was showing me that it is not always about the multitude.  God is concern about the one and it matter a lot to the one person I prayed for today.  Read on to find out more. . .

You might ask why I go to three different grocery stores when I could accomplish all my food shopping in one store.  I like variety, value, and each store carries some unique items that I like.  I go to the dollar store because I found that they have the least expensive cat food around and my cats don’t seem to mind the difference.  Anyway it allows me to see as many people as possible to better my chances to pray for more people.  But today that wasn't the case when I only found one person in the first grocery store I went to.

I almost missed her as I saw her going out of the store in a wheel chair.  She was a young girl in her twenties.  I approached her to ask if I could pray for her.  She told me she had vertigo and eagerly wanted me to pray for her.  I asked the Holy Spirit to come and bless her.  Then I commanded the vertigo to leave and that she would be in complete balance.  

When I finished praying she thanked me and told me that she recently was having less episodes of vertigo.  She was going to go to church this coming Sunday to thank the Lord for the improvement.  She was even more encouraged that she would be completely healed because of our encounter today.  Praise the Lord for His guiding me and being able to pray for her.  Imagine God loving her so much that He sent me out at that time just for the one because the one matters to Him.

This reminds me of a poem written by an unknown author titled:

IT MATTERS TO THIS ONE

As I walked along the seashore, this young boy greeted me. He was tossing stranded starfish back to the deep blue sea. I said, "Tell me why you bother, why you waste your time this way. There's a million stranded starfish, does it matter anyway?"

And he said, "It matters to this one. It deserves a chance to grow. It matters to this one, I can't save them all I know. But it matters to this one, I'll return it to the sea. It matters to this one, and it matters to me."



I wonder what God is going to show me tomorrow on the 49thDay in my Journey to Experience More.  Let me know what you think or send an encouraging word in the comments below.  Come back often to see what more God is going to do in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment