Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 27 - Some Christians Don't Want Prayer

Day 27 of my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and I came across a lot of Christians who did not want to receive prayer for healing.  I only prayed for 2 people today out of the 7 people I approached.  I was able to pray for one because I established a relationship with her first (a lesson I learned on Day 25 of my Journey).  However, I think she allowed me to pray for her out of obligation of helping her.  She only wanted a quick prayer.  The last guy I met was in his eighties and was breathing so badly that you could hear him wheezing with each breath needing an oxygen tank to assist his breathing.  Read on to find out what he said and other Christians gave as the reason they didn't want prayer. . .

This eighty-five year old man told me after I asked him if I could pray for his healing, "There's nothing prayer can do for me.  I'm eighty-five years old and I'm just about gone already."

I'm not sure if he wanted to die because he was so miserable or that he had no basis to believe that God could heal him.  He seemed to be the worst of the bunch that refused prayer even though there was an obvious need for healing.

Five of the seven people I asked said they were Christians and they prayed.  I guess they felt that I couldn't do anything for them since nothing happened when they prayed or their Church members prayed for them.  However, If it is anything like the way I used to pray for healing I can understand why nothing happened when they prayed. 

My prayers used to go like this: "Father if it be your will please heal. . . "  As if we have to beg God to do something that He wants to do already.  He not only commands us to heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons; God also sent His Son to pay for all our sins and all our sickness as well on the cross.  "[Who] Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness -- by whose stripes you were healed" (James 2:24, NKJV - bold italics mine).

It is not a question of whether God wants us to be healed.  He settled it on the cross in which all our sin and all our sickness "were healed" already by Jesus' stripes.  Jesus saved us completely - body, soul, and spirit.  I can't wait till a great revival sweeps America and wipes away all the deception and false doctrine that many Christians still believe today.  I guess that is one of the reasons why I'm taking it to the streets in this 90 Day Journey to Experience More.   I want more people to experience God's goodness and healing power and show them that He still heals today just like He did when Jesus was on the earth.

Christians will do even greater works than Jesus did.  "Jesus said, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father and whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it'" (John 14:12-14, bold italics mine).  These "greater works" include the healing and miracles Jesus did while on earth.

I can't wait to see what God is going to do on the 28th Day of My Journey to Experience More.  Tell me what you think and send me a word or two of encouragement in the comments below.  Check back often to see the greater things God wants to do through me in this Journey to Experience More.

No comments:

Post a Comment