Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 1 - 90 Day Journey

Today was the first day in my 90 Day Journey to Experience More of God's presence and the greater works that Jesus said we would do.  I approached 12 people to ask if they needed prayer - 9 had an outward appearance that they needed to be healed and 3 had no obvious signs.  Out of the 12 people I asked to pray for, half of them (six) people wanted to receive prayer.  There were no observable signs that any of the six that I prayed for got healed but most all of them felt the love and presence of the Holy Spirit.  I blessed everyone I came in contact with and shared God's goodness and love with them even those who didn't want to receive prayer.  Everyone was appreciative and no one was negative.  Read more below for the details.

The first one I approached for prayer took the longest time for me to go to her.  I saw her getting out of her car with a cane when I was walking toward the store entrance.  She was an older lady and I noticed she had difficulty getting out of her car but I didn't go to her immediately.  Instead, I went into the grocery store and walked around looking for others to pray for all while thinking about this older lady and why I didn't go to her when I saw her.  After walking completely around the store I saw the same lady again who just entered the front of the store.  The Holy Spirit and I were having a conversation and I thought I heard Him say, "Why are you here in the first place?  It was as if I was window shopping for an opportunity to pray and share God's goodness but didn't want to buy into the whole experience.  I decided right then I wanted to stop window shopping for Jesus and went right over to the lady and asked if I could pray for her.

She had difficulty hearing me and right away I knew she needed prayer to receive healing for her ears.  I had to use some hand gestures to communicate with her and when she understood that I wanted to pray for her she graciously accepted.  I prayed and asked the Holy Spirit to bless her ears and I commanded her to hear in Jesus name.  I continued and after praying for her some more she did not appear to be healed of her deafness but she thanked me for praying for her and she said that she was blessed.

I came out of the grocery store and stopped to ask two people at the bus stop if they wanted prayer.  Both of them declined but thanked me for asking.  Soon after that I ran down a hill after an older guy using a walker. I was running not the older guy because I had to catch up to him.  Now instead of being hesitant like the first one I approached, I was running after people to pray for them.  This guy was having trouble with his big right toe and he accepted my prayer for his healing.  Nothing seemed to happen and I blessed him told him that God wants to heal him and that He loves him.

It got a whole lot easier to approach people after that and I went up to those that I thought needed prayer.  I did not receive any words of knowledge (or at least I did not recognize any) so I simply looked for anyone who seem like they needed to be healed.  I prayed for an older lady who had cancer, and another older lady in an electric mobile chair who had a recent head trauma and was having difficulty getting around.  I even had an opportunity to share God's love with a Jehovah Witness who turned down my prayer for their healing. I had wonderful fellowship with a man at Wal-Mart who was in an electric mobile chair and was a member of a local Baptist Church.  He did not want any prayer for healing but instead he asked me to pray for blessing for him and his family.

The last one I prayed for was a older man that I chased down in Wal-Mart who was driving an electric mobile chair.  Those mobile chairs can go pretty fast.  I took a short cut to cut him off or I might have lost him because he was getting away from me.  I met up with him half out of breath.  After catching my breath I found out that he recently retired.  I asked if I could pray for him for anything.  He told me he had gout (acute inflammatory arthritis) in his joints and that  he had difficulty getting around.  His knee joints were stiff and inflammed.  He showed me his left hand that was swollen.  He could not bend his fingers at all.  I prayed and commanded the gout and pain go.  I commanded all swelling to go down and blessed his body.  Nothing seemed to happen but his faith increased and he felt the love of Jesus.  I proclaimed complete healing for him in the next few days.

Now I'm no longer window shopping for Jesus.  By the end of the day I was running after people to pray for them and show them the father's love.  Tomorrow's another day.  I'll be speaking at a Baptist church.  I can't wait to see what's going to happen. I'm expecting the Holy Spirit fire to come. Everyday is an exciting journey when we push in for more.  Expect greater things to happen because God always does what He says He will do - that we can do what Jesus did and even experience greater works than He did (John 14:12-14).

Check out my blog tomorrow to find out what's going to happen on the second day of my journey to experience more.  Keep praying for me and send your words of encouragement.  You might even consider joining me in the journey.  Let me know of your prayers and encouragement or if you are going to start your own 90 Day Journey to Experience More by posting a comment below.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great first day. Thanks for being transparent in the fact that you were having trouble at first, like "window shopping". It's also encouraging for us to see other people like you looking for people who look like they need prayer and not just waiting or depending on words of knowlege. It's harder that way, I think. i think if you hear from God you are probably more confident you are going to see a healing. We haven't started anything like this or treasure hunted yet, not do we get words of knowlege but we know God is working on us to get out there. We have to make the first move if we want to see God move. We read your article on April 28th "How to have greater faith to move in greater works" I think that article says it perfectly and I still think about what it said. Thanks for what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David and Kristy for your encouraging words. I am trying to deligently pursue God with what He has already given me for I know He will reward anyone who goes after Him. I was a Baptist minister for over 26 years and was Baptized in the Spirit about a year ago. I am now like a child in a candy store wanting more and more knowing that God wants to give me more.

      Delete