Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 29 - Keep Praying For People

Day 29 of my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and I received a word from the Lord from one of the people I prayed for.  I went to the local mall and two other stores.  I was able to approach 10 people but only 4 people wanted prayer even though 8 of them had an obvious need for physical healing.  I was dumbfounded by an older man who used a walker and had difficulty hearing say he didn't need any prayer.  I was perplexed that someone didn't want prayer for her obvious need but rather wanted prayer for her relative.  A lady almost ran me over with her mobile cart after I prayed for her.  But the best thing I received today was an encouraging word given to me from someone I prayed for.  Read on to find out more. . .

The first person I approached was an older man who was sitting down at one of lounge areas in the mall.  He had a walker and as I introduced myself He had difficulty hearing me.  After repeating for the third time, "Could I pray for you?"  He said he did not need prayer.  I thought to myself and wanted to say, "You certainly do need prayer. You can't hear very well and you have to use a walker."   Instead, I simply blessed him and walked away.

The next group of people I met were three older ladies inside the store one was using a walker.  I introduced myself and asked all of them if they had any prayer requests hoping the lady with the walker would want me to pray for her.  However, they all were concerned for one of their relatives who was addicted to prescription drugs and wanted prayer so that they would be set free.  I happily responded to their request and prayed for their relative.  I then turned to the lady using the walker and asked her if I could pray for her needs and she said she didn't have any personal prayer needs except for the relative I just prayed for.

My most encouraging moment happened in one of my favorite stores, Wal-Mart.  There was a middle aged lady using a mobile cart who needed oxygen to breath.  I let her know I was a Christian and asked if I could pray for her.  She asked me what church I came from.  When I gave the name of my church, so asked what denomination was the church I attended.  After I said it was similar to a Charismatic church she was willing to have me pray for her.

I invited the Holy Spirit and I commanded healing to her lungs and asked the Holy Spirit to break the bondage to her smoking habit. I also prayed for salvation of her brothers and sisters which she asked me to do.  Nothing seemed to happen with her breathing.  However, after I prayed we had a wonderful time of fellowship together spending another 15 minutes talking about the things of God.  When we were finished she leaned over to give me a hug.  Right then she received a Word from the Lord and told me, "Keep praying for people."

That was so encouraging to me because this past week I was only able to pray for 13 of the 32 people I approached and there were no healings so far this week although I thought I might have seen an angel yesterday on my 28th Day in my journey.  I was getting a little discouraged and the Lord knew my thoughts and lifted me up.  Ps 30:1 says, "I will extol You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up, And have not let my foes rejoice over me" (NKJV).  I am so grateful that my heavenly Father would think of me so much that He would send a message to someone I just met to encourage me to keep on the journey and continue to pray for people.

I was also able to pray for an older lady on a mobile cart who requested that she live long.  Right after I prayed for her she almost ran me down with her electric cart that got away from her.  She apologized.  I told her that she did not run in to me that hard, that it was only a love tap.  At the end of the day I was able to pray for healing of a lady's back who just had surgery.  Before I prayed her toddler ran out of the store and we had to chase her down.  It's amazing what the enemy will do to distract you from praying for others.

I was greatly encouraged today and can't wait to go out again tomorrow on the 30th Day in my Journey to Experience More.  Let me know what you think or send an encouraging word in the comments below.  Maybe you have a Word from the Lord to share with me.  Thanks for your continued interest and support.  Check back tomorrow to see what more God is going to do in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment