Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 23 - It's A Lot Easier with Friends

Day 23 of my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and I was able to go out with some friends to pray for others.  We went to my favorite place, Wal-Mart and together we approached at least 9 people; 7 received prayer; and only 1 did not have any obvious need of physical healing.  At least 2 and maybe even a 3rd person I met on the streets received healing.  Praise the Lord!  We had a great time praying for others as we shared the love of Christ.  It sure was a lot easier and more fun going out with others.  I guess that is why Jesus sent out the disciples in pairs of two.  Find out more by reading further. . .


A friend of mine texted me earlier today to find out if I would like to go out with him and someone else who I know to pray for others.  We made arrangements to go to Wal-Mart in the evening.  They showed up early and had already prayed for a child who was in a wheel chair.  I love their enthusiasm to start before I showed up.  A lot of the time we spent talking about what God has been doing in our lives and discovering together how we should minister to people.  We talked about Scripture and other spiritual leaders lives of how they prayed for other's healing. 

The first person we prayed for together was an older lady riding a mobile cart.  We first prayed for healing of something in her body that I forgot what it was because of what happened next.  She also needed prayer for the back of her left foot which she was having trouble moving and it was painful to walk on it. I placed my right hand on the back of her left foot and commanded healing and the pain to leave in Jesus name.  After I finished praying, I asked her to move her foot up and down seven times.  I then asked her how it was and she said she could move it a lot more than before.  She wasn't experiencing any pain.  We were praising the Lord right in the middle of the grocery aisle in Wal-Mart.

There was at least one person at Wal-Mart that rejected our request to pray for them.  But the nice thing about being together was the encouragement and love from the group that helps you continue after you get disappointed when someone turns you down.  I would highly recommend going out with someone else if this is new to you.  The enemy wants to do everything to discourage you from going out and sharing God's love and bringing God's Kingdom to others everywhere you go. 

That is why Jesus sent out the disciples in pairs of two.  Matt 18:19-20 says, "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them"  (NIV).  It is really hard, in fact impossible, for Satan to get between two people who come together in the Father's name.  That is why it is a lot easier to go with someone else when you are praying for others.

We were able to pray for others who wanted prayer.  One lady I chased after had an ankle support wrap around her left knee.  I almost ran up to her and asked if I could pray for her.  Remembering my lesson from Day 21 of my Journey - I Stopped Saying Sometimes, I let her know I was a Christian and said, "When I pray, people get healed.  Could I pray for you?"

She accepted my invitation to pray for her and told me that she had a torn ligament in her knee.  She needed the brace because it was painful to move her knee without it.  I asked the Holy Spirit to come to bless her knee.  She said she felt tingling going up and down her left leg as soon as I said "Holy Spirit come."  I didn't pray that long and she was feeling much better without any pain in her knee.  Again we were praising the Lord and rejoicing in Wal-Mart.  I don't know what others were thinking but we were having a great time partnering with God in doing great and miraculous wonders and sharing his goodness and love.
I enjoyed the time together tremendously and this time of fellowship was a great encouragement to me.  So much so, that as I was driving home I had to turn around and pray for a guy who was walking on the sidewalk who had an ankle brace on his knee.  He was from an Apostolic Church and asked me if I was a Healer.  I told him I was and he directed me to put my hand on his knee.  Usually I have to ask first.  After praying a short prayer of healing, He said, "It is done."  As if to say that I didn't have to pray any more.

I loved his faith and expectation that as soon as I spoke healing that was enough.  I wanted to get more confirmation of his healing but all he repeated was, "It is done."  Praise the Lord for this man's confidence in God's ability to heal immediately.  I was still on a high that when I went to the library to pick up my son, I wanted to pray for a lady's healing of her ears but she turn down my offer to pray for her. 

It was a great day in my journey today.  I loved ministering and praying for others with friends by my side because I knew God was there right in the middle of our fellowship.  Satan didn't have a chance and God's Kingdom was established everywhere we went.

I can't wait to see what God is going to do tomorrow in the 24th Day of my Journey to Experience More.  Check back often to see what He is doing in my life.  Let me know what you think and send an encouraging word in the comments below.  Thanks for your interest and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment