Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day 45 - I Danced, God Blessed & Healed People

Day 45 of my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and we had many great encounters today ministering with friends.  I was at the park in the city with my church group where once a month we minister to the poor and homeless.  I went out onto the streets with the same group I was with last Friday (Chopper, Gina, & Jacob).  We talked to over 25 people; 13 people received prayer; 2 were healed; and 2 others confirmed miracles from a previous time when we prayed for them.  Read on to find out more. . .


We started in prayer asking the Holy Spirit to empower us and go before us.  As I we were praying together, I heard in my mind, “A child will lead them.”  I turned to Jacob (a 10 year old) and told him the Holy Spirit lead me to tell you that you are going to lead us today.  Jacob is sensitive to the Holy Spirit and right away he lead where he thought the Holy Spirit was guiding him.


We first came across two guys who were convinced that God is judgmental waiting to punish us when we do wrong.  They did not want us to bless their business because they did not believe we should ask God for anything.  It was difficult to get them to understand that we have a good God that wants to bless His children.  He loved us so much that He sent His only Son who took on the punishment for all our sin on the cross so that we would not have to (John 3:16).

We were able to pray for a lot of people who wanted to be blessed and healed by a loving good God.  One of those we came across was a middle age man who got so excited when he saw us.  A month ago he was out of work and we prayed for him and proclaimed that he would get a job shortly as a chef - the desire of his heart.  He told us that starting Monday, he was starting full-time as a chef at a local restaurant.  We praised God together for this miracle and answer to prayer.

There was another guy who recognized Gina and called our group over because he had some good news about his daughter who we prayed for several months ago.  She was in prison and we prayed that she would connect with a Christian and turn her life over to Christ.  That is exactly what happened and she is now going to the chapel services regularly excited about her new life in Christ.  Her sentence was also reduced and she will be getting out of prison sooner.  Praise the Lord! He is a good God wanting to lavish on everyone who turns to Him.

I started to dance on the streets when I heard some music with a good beat coming from one of the stores.  People around me noticed how joyful and happy I was dancing.  The Spirit broke though and changed the atmosphere.  Everyone around me was more joyful and at peace in an instant.  I was invigorated with a new strength and power from the Holy Spirit and boldly approached people.  “The joy of the Lord is my strength.”

Then it happened right after I was dancing in the streets, our group approached a middle aged brother and sister to ask them if we could pray for them.  She had a debilitating blood disease in advanced stag that the doctors said she would soon need chemo treatment for.  She also asked to pray for healing of  her scoliosis.  I prayed and commanded her blood to be healed.  I cursed the disease in her blood and commanded life and newness to her blood cells.  I also commanded her spine to be healed.  She had a renewed hope but we did not receive confirmation of her healing.

Her brother was encouraged and wanted us to pray for the arthritis in his knees.  While Chopper, my friend, was praying for him, I felt the power of the Holy Spirit increasing a lot in my stomach.  It was like a balloon in my stomach almost ready to burst.  So when Chopper finished praying, I continued and prayed with confidence and commanded the arthritis to go.  I ask him to bend his knees and as he was acting out in faith his knees were healed of the pain from the arthritis.  He was able to walk freely without pain and the use of his cane.  Praise the Lord for His goodness.  God truly wants to bless and heal everyone.

At the end of the day I was asked to help pray for someone who showed up late.  He was a local music minister who asked for more of God’s blessing and direction for his life.  I noticed that he had a elastic wrap around one of his elbows.  I asked him about it and he said that it was nothing.  That he wore it for support while he was playing basket ball.  He then told me of pain he had in his knee from arthritis.  His right knee was wrapped in an elastic support brace.

I placed my hand on his knee and asked the Holy Spirit to come.  I commanded all pain to leave and cursed his arthritis. I then commanded his knee to be healed in Jesus name.  I asked him if felt any different.  Kevin who was praying with me asked him to do something he couldn’t do before.  So he bent his knees and did a few squat thrusts with ease.  When he came up he got excited and proclaimed that the pain was gone.  We all celebrated God’s goodness that He took away his pain from the arthritis in his knee.  We then had a wonderful time of fellowship as he told of his testimony of God’s goodness in his life.

God is a good God wanting to bless all those who ask.  I can’t wait to see more of His goodness on the 46th Day of my Journey to Experience More.  Let me know what you think or send a word of encouragement in the comments below.  Maybe you would like to start your own journey.  If so, tell me about it.  Come back often to see more of God’s goodness as I continue my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment