Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 33 - God Took Care of My Family

Day 33 of my 90 Journey to Experience More and even though I only had a chance to pray for 2 people today because of an urgent family matter, God miraculously took care of my son's needs.  I have been trying for months to get my 18 year old son into a good Christian mentoring program and God put it all together this week.  All my personal attempts failed but when I sought first His Kingdom and His righteousness, all these things were added to me as well.  Read on to find out what I mean. . .

I had to take off most of the day so I didn't get a chance to pray for others.  However, a miracle happened today when God intervened and put together in a few days what I have been trying to do for the past six months but have made very little progress.  Let me give you a little background so that you have a better understanding.

My younger son who just turned eighteen a few months ago came from a very trouble past as a young child before I adopted him at the age of six.  Because of his bad experience before he was adopted he has always had emotional and behavior difficulties.  He became a Christian at the age of ten but when he entered the teenage years his behavior increasingly got worse even though he was receiving psychological therapy since the age of six.  The therapists only gave him coping tools and medicine to try and minimize his anger issues but never solved the core issues of unforgiveness and strongholds in his life. 

To make a real long story a lot shorter, in the last few months I have been trying to enroll my son into a good Christian residential program that would help my son with his behavior problems and the strongholds in his life.  However, all my attempts to try and get him into program after program have failed.  In June, I even considering not starting my 90 Journey to Experience More until after I took care of my son's needs first.  But the Holy Spirit reminded me of Matthew 6:33 that says, "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you" (NASB).

So I put my son's needs into God's hands and went after the Kingdom first and what I knew God wanted me to do.  I started my 90 Day Journey.  It's not that I did not do anything for my son or spend time looking since I started my 90 Day Journey.  I did spend a lot of time trying to enroll him in different programs but they all failed.  It wasn't until I focused first on God's Kingdom and what I knew He wanted me to do that God took care of "all these things" as well - my son's needs.  I totally gave my son's needs over to the Lord and I went out and put His Kingdom first.

Once I did this, within a matter of days, God put my son in touch with someone who knew one of the Directors of Teen Challenge and arranged for an interview.  He was immediately accepted and within 2 days the Church body was able to provide for my son's tuition costs.  My son will be starting a 14 month Christian residential program at Teen Challenge on Monday.  God orchestrated all of this in a matter of 3 days what was impossible for me to do in the last six months and even longer - Truly a miracle from heaven.  Thank you Lord.  You are an awesome and good God who takes care of His children far better than we could ask or imagine.

I wonder what God is going to do tomorrow as I put first His Kingdom and continue the 34th Day in my Journey to Experience More.  Let me know what you think or send words of encouragement in the comments below.  Check back often to see what greater things God is going to show me in my journey.

1 comment:

  1. Update to God's provision for my son to go to Teen Challenge. Even though God made the way, my son decided against going and went his own way. God gives us all a free will to either choose His way that leads to life and abundance or the world's way that only leads to emptiness and destruction. May God watch over him so that he will come to his censes like the prodigal son and turn back to our Heavnely Father.

    ReplyDelete