Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 40 - Give and It Will Be Given



Day 40 of my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and I received a blessing back when someone prayed for me.  I was only able to approach 5 people today after going to 4 grocery stores and 3 large department stores including Wal-Mart; everyone I approached had an obvious need of healing; and 3 people received prayer.  Read on to find out what blessing I received. . .


The first person I approached was an older gentleman on an electric cart with his wife.  He was wearing a hearing in both ears and still had difficulty hearing.  They declined my offer to pray for them saying that they received prayer at their Temple.  I thought to myself, “How’s that working out for you?”  I wanted to verbalize my thoughts but instead I blessed them and went on my way.


The second person was a middle aged lady who needed a respirator to breath.  She accepted my offer to pray for healing to her lungs and then added that she would like prayer to stop smoking as well. I acted in compassion as Jesus would do (although I thought briefly that she got herself in this position).  I prayed for hear healing also asking that God would intervene and help her stop her smoking habit.

It reminded me of what Jesus did for the woman caught in adultery.  He first did not condemn her then He said, “Go and sin no more” (John 8:11, NKJV).  Jesus also healed the lame man at the Pool of Bethesda and said after he healed him, "See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you." (John 5:14, NIV).  Jesus always acted in compassion never judging them for their past and always encouraging their future.

The third person I prayed for was a lady whose foot was injured and was in a brace.  The doctor said her foot would take three weeks to heal and she would have to wear that brace during the entire time.  She had great faith and asked that God would accelerate the healing process and not have to wait three weeks.  I prayed and command her foot to be healed and all pain to go.  I command that her healing would accelerate and proclaimed that she would be completely healed by the end of the week.

She didn’t have any obvious signs of healing but after I finished praying she returned the blessing back to me.  She prayed for God to bless me and give me all that I have needed.  This was the first time someone prayed a blessing over me on this 90 Day Journey.  Luke 6:38 says, “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap”(NIV).  This verse includes all the ways we give to others not just our monetary giving. 

I wonder what God is going to show me on the 41st Day of My Journey to Experience More.  Let me know what you think and send an encouraging word in the comments below.  Come back often to see what more is going to happen in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment