Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 34 - Some Pastors Don't Want Prayer





Day 34 of my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and I was still taking care of the doctor's portion of my son's entrance requirements into Teen Challenge so I was only able to approach 3 people today; 2 wanted prayer and a Pastor didn't want to receive prayer.  Learn what happened when I approached a Pastor in a wheel chair. . .




I was able to pray for a lady in the doctor's office who had a brace on her left foot.  She was in pain because she was recovering from surgery on her foot.  I commanded the pain to go and for her to be healed.  Nothing obvious happened but she was very grateful and responded to God's love and compassion.

I also prayed for a guy with his family in Burger King.  He was wearing an ace wrapping around his wrist.  I prayed for healing and blessed his family.  They were all touched by the Father's love even though no obvious physical healing took place.

I then saw an older guy in a wheel chair at a grocery store.  I introduced myself and asked if he would like prayer for healing.  He immediately said, "I'm all prayed up;" then added, "I'm a Pastor."  As if to say that he has already prayed and since nothing happened, because I know what I'm doing, then it must not be God's will for me.

I wanted to say, "Apparently nothing is happening when you pray.  Could I pray for you?"  But I simply blessed him and went on my way thinking that he has already decided that God must not want him healed.  Many Pastors have been indoctrinated into believing that the miracles and healing during Jesus time on earth where only as a sign for the coming Messiah and to establish the Church.  Some teach that all sign gifts ceased in the early Church when the 12 Apostles died but this is not the case historically.  Their theology is based on their experience and not from what the Word of God tells us, "[He] who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do. . ." (John 14:13, NKJV)

I was one of those Pastors who taught wrongly that the sign gifts were only for the early Church.  It wasn't until I experienced healing for my mom's broken knee four years ago and I was Baptized in the Spirit over a year ago that I changed my theology to match up to the Word of God.  I have been praying for the sick to be healed, the dead to rise, and the demons to flee ever since.  I pray that all Pastors will have a supernatural encounter with their Heavenly Father that will radically change their perspective that signs and wonders still happen today.

I can't wait to see what God is going to show me on the 35th Day of my Journey to Experience More.  What do you think?  Let me know in the comments below.  Come back often to see what more God is going to do in my Journey to Experience More.

No comments:

Post a Comment