Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 9 - Practice the Presence

The 9th Day in my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and it was a slow start for me.  I didn't get out the door until 6:30 pm because of some paper work I had to finish up.  It was about 3:00 pm that I was ready to go out the door but I lacked energy and spiritual direction.  I realized that since Sunday, I have not had any intimacy with the Father.  So I decided rather than going out to accomplish my goal right away, I went to my quiet place to be with my Heavenly Father and spend some time with Him.  Today's focus in my journey was not about how many people I approached (only 9) nor about how many people got healed (none yet confirmed) but about the importance of practicing the presence of God.

I was really out of focus and did not have the right attitude to start ministering to people.  I needed time alone with God so that I could plug into the source of my strength and start having fun again like this past Sunday.  I read a few chapters in the book of Mark and then I simply communed with my Father.  I didn't ask Him for anything.  I just focused my entire attention on Him and enjoyed being in His presence.  I spent the next hour and a half like that being cherished by God and me loving Him back.

Heidi Baker in the book: God's Supernatural Power in You says of the Father, "I want you to come away, my beloved. I want to woo you. I want to love you. I want you to live in this secret place" (DeCenso, 49).  She continues to say, “It is not about being an eloquent speaker, man of power for the hour, or great revivalist. It is about being so close to the heart of God that you know what He's thinking. Then you are not afraid to go anywhere and say anything as His radical lovers . . . all fruitfulness flows from intimacy” (DeCenso, 60).  You can read more about this in my previous blog - The Secret to Moving in Greater Works.

After that time spent in intimacy with the Father I came away energized, hosting the presence of God.  My focus was different.  Instead of only trying to accomplish an agenda, I was carrying the love and compassion of my Father and trying to listen to Him as to where He wanted me to go.  I started to have fun again in the presence of my Father.  On the surface of my experience (How many people I prayed for and how many people were healed) it doesn't look like I accomplished a lot today.  I only approached 9 people; 5 people received prayer and so far I have not received any confirmations of healing.  However, I was different today because I was carrying the presence of my Father.  I was talking with Him the whole time and I knew He was so excited and happy to see me, one of His dearly loved children, diligently acting out my faith to become more like His Son and pursue the greater works that He said we would do.

I can't wait to see what God is going to do in Day 10 of my Journey to Experience More.  Check back often and let me know what you think.  Your encouragement and prayers are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment