Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Healing Comes from God's Authority

Last week I was at the Voice of the Prophets 2013 conference through Global Awakening.   I was blessed beyond anything I could ask or imagine.  But the one thing that will forever transform me and has renewed my mind was what John Paul Jackson said Friday night about authority and power.  This truth that healing comes through God's authority working in me has caused me to move in an awesome healing experience I had this past Sunday.

Here are some of my notes from John Paul Jackson's teaching on Authority and Power:

 The difference between power and authority is: Power is given to you and is used to create something - like creative miracles.  Authority can only be received through a close relationship with the Father.  Adam lost his authority over the earth when he disobeyed God and took from the tree of the Knowledge of Good & Evil - ending his relationship with the Father and his walks with Him in the garden.  By disobeying God and obeying Satan, Adam gave up his authority of dominion over the earth to Satan.  But Jesus took back that authority through the atoning work on the cross taking back the keys from Satan and giving them to His church (Matt 16:19). 

Authority is greater than power and is used to remove or command something to leave including: to forgive sins (Matt 9:6); to drive out evil spirits; and to heal (Matt. 10:1).  While power is a given as a gift, authority is absorbed or bestowed through relationship with the Father and His Son, the only one who has all authority (Matt. 28:18).  This authority comes through a deep intimate relationship with the Father.  See our previous blog, The Secret to Moving in Greater Works, about finding a Secret Place to commune with God.

You cannot have an intimate relationship with the Father without obeying Him and following everything He tells us to do.  You will not know what your Father wants you to do unless you spend time with Him.  Thus authority only comes through spending lots of time with your Heavenly Father whose deepest desire is to be with His dearly loved children.  Just like Adam who gave up his authority to Satan when he disobeyed God, we can give back our authority to the enemy through disobedience.  Every time you say, "yes" to the enemy, you lose authority to the enemy.  The only way to get that authority back is to renew your relationship with God and repent of your sins.  Once the relationship is restored your authority is also restored.

I tried this new transformational truth about authority this past Sunday.  I had already been basking in an intimate relationship with the Father all week at the conference and had an intimate time with Him in worship that Sunday morning.  While listening to the pastor teach, the Father spoke to me and gave me some Words of Knowledge.  I felt pressure just behind my right toe. I also felt pain right above my right knee.  I wrote these down so I wouldn't forget them (although they continued to throb the rest of the service). 

Later during the pastor's teaching, I heard the Spirit giving me the word "cancer." 

I asked Him, "Where is the cancer located?"

Immediately I felt pressure in the back of the right side of my head and it continued beyond the end of the service.  When the pastor finished his teaching he gave an invitation for prayer and I went up and gave the Words of Knowledge I just received.

Four people came up who had one or more of these conditions that needed healing and everyone who came up received healing.  Instead of trying to force the pain to leave through power, I simply commanded the pain to leave or the sickness to leave by the authority that was already in me.  This authority was bestowed to me through an intimate relationship with the Father that I had for the past week.  Wow!  It was fun partnering with God.  He did all the work and receives all the glory but I got to participate in what He was doing.  I felt the power of the Holy Spirit surging through me as I prayed for those who needed healing.  He is a good God and we get to do the greater works that He promised we would do.

This week set a lot of time to spend with the Father and see what He can do through you as His authority will allow you to do the greater works - forgive sins, cast out demons, and heal the sick.  Then have fun sharing His love to others.

If you would like to get the full message from John Paul Jackson about Authority and also listen to the rest of the prophets at the Voice of the Apostles, you can order a CD, DVD or download an MP3 file (only $35 for the whole set).  Harvest Church has the web broadcast available for the next 3 weeks for free (e-mail Harvest Church to see how you can listen to it for free for a short time)

No comments:

Post a Comment