Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 43 - Preaching Good News to the Poor

Day 43 of my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and I went downtown Baltimore to minister with a pastor friend of mine who just started a Bible study in the city park to the poor.  I didn’t have that much opportunity to pray for a lot of people but I loved sharing the good news of the Gospel with others who needed to hear some good news.  Read on to find out more. . .

The men and women on the streets asked some pretty good questions at the Bible study.  They were definitely hungry for the Word of God.  We were studying about salvation and God’s grace understanding that salvation is by grace alone.  It is a free gift of God (Eph. 2:8).

We can do nothing to earn our way into heaven.  But salvation is not just about getting a ticket to heaven.  It is all about God’s favor on us and bringing us into His family as one of His own children.  Thereby, we have all the rights and benefits as His children while here on earth.  We don’t have to wait till we get to heaven to claim our inheritance.

We were able to pray for a guy who had a stroke years ago.  He did not have the use of one of his hands and needed to use a cane because the stroke partially affected his left side.  The group prayed around him and commanded his healing.  There was some noticeable difference in his walking.  He was able to walk without the use of his cane but he could not move his hand.  His expectation of his hand being healed was very low so my pastor friend, Dave, encouraged him and proclaimed that he would have full use of his hand and be completely healed.

I was also able to pray for another guy who was discouraged at the place he was staying.  He wanted to move into a better place.  While we were talking the Holy Spirit gave me a prophecy about what God wanted to do for him in the future.  God wanted to give him a place rent free that was an efficiency apartment above a garage.  He would be allowed to stay there rent free in exchange for taking care of the property.  I encouraged him and told him to look for this type of arrangement.

When Jesus first started his ministry, He went into the synagogue and read a passage of scripture from the Old Testament in Isaiah 61:1-2, “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor" (NIV).  If part of Jesus ministry was to go to the poor to preach the good news, we should want to do the same. 

It was a great day ministering in the city at the park.  I wonder what God has in store for me tomorrow the 44th Day in My Journey to Experience More.  Let me know what you think or send a comment in the section below.  Come back often to see more of what God is doing in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment