Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 6 - Give Me One More

Today was day 6 in my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and I tried something a little different this time.  First when I arrived at my destination I spent a lot of time in intimacy with the Father.  Second, on two separate occasions today I asked God to give me just one more person to pray for right before I was leaving the Mall where I was ministering at.  God answered me both times and gave me someone to pray for in the parking lot.  I went to the local Mall two separate times today and approached 10 people to ask if they wanted prayer and 9 of them needed some physical healing; 9 people wanted prayer and only 1 person refused; and 2 experienced healing.  Wow! What a difference when you spend time with the Father.  Read on to find out more.

I had another Doctor's appointment for my son again today and I wasn't able to have a lot of intimate time with my Heavenly Father before I left my house.  I left a little early and first dropped my son off at the library before his doctor's appointment so I could get some time in praying for others before his appointment.  I decided to go to the local mall and was hoping to fulfill my goal of going to 10 people before my son's appointment.  When I pulled up into the Mall parking lot, I remembered yesterday's experience: Even though I did not hesitate to ask people if they wanted prayer, yesterday, out of the 10 people I approached only 4 people wanted to receive prayer and no one was healed.  So I wanted to try something different.  I decided to spend some time with my Heavenly Father in intimacy simply basking in His presence meditating on Him for about 45 minutes in my vehicle before I entered the Mall. 

The results were much better. Everyone but one person wanted to receive prayer, almost all of them needed physical healing and 2 people received healing.  There seems to be a correlation between intimacy with the Father by which we carry the presence of God with us and achieving the greater works that He wants us to do.  In light of this rediscovery, I need to spend a good portion of my time in intimate fellowship with my Heavenly Father before I attempt to do any Kingdom work.  Then I will be able to carry the presence of God with me and know where He is going; know what He is doing; and know what He wants to say.  That's what Jesus did all the time when He ministered while on the earth (John 5:19).  You can read about the results of Jesus' abiding in close intimate relationship with the Father in all four Gospels.

This time when I spent time with the Father before ministering everyone but one person was receptive to receiving prayer.  The first three I prayed for were older women and all had back or spinal problems.  All three of them said they felt the Holy Spirit's presence but none of them appeared to be healed after I prayed for them.  Then as I was leaving the Mall to pick up my son to go to his appointment, I asked the Lord, "Give me one more to pray for."  God almost immediately answered my prayer and as I walked out on the parking lot I saw an older lady getting out of her car onto a mobile wheel chair.  She was a little distance away and I didn't want her to get away so I walked quickly towards her and her husband.

I met up with them at the entrance to a department store in the Mall.  When they were inside the store, I introduced myself and she accepted my invitation to pray for her.  She had prior left knee surgery and other surgery to her left ankle several years ago.  She explained that it was difficult to walk because of the pain she had and that she might have to go back to get her knee replaced a second time.  I got permission to place my hand on her knee and I started to pray, "Holy Spirit come bless her knee."  I commanded all pain to be gone and that she would be healed. 

After praying twice for her, I asked her if she felt anything different than before I prayed.  She said that she felt tingling in her ankle and calf right below her knee. 

I exclaimed! "That's good! God is doing something" and I continued to pray again blessing what God was doing already.  When I finished praying this time she told me all the pain was gone and continued to feel the tingling move up her calf to her knee.  She didn't get out of her wheel chair.   Maybe I should have encouraged her get up and walk around (I guess that's the more advanced course in healing that I haven't taken yet from the Holy Spirit) I'm still learning this stuff.  But praise the Lord!  All her pain left her and I know God was still working on her.  We had a great time of Praise and Worship right in front of the store.  I found out after our time of praise that they live close to the church I attend and were thinking about coming.  I gave them the information to our church and they said they would try and make it this Sunday.

I took my son to the appointment and then came back to the same Mall afterwards because I still had 6 more people that I wanted to approach to accomplish my goal.  We had to first go back to the library because my son lost his wallet there.  While retrieving his wallet in the lost and found at the library I had another opportunity to pray for another lady with back problems.  But nothing seemed to happen after I prayed.  I met an older married Christian couple back in the Mall who each needed prayer.  When I prayed for the wife's back and to strengthen her legs, she said she felt the Holy Spirit moving.  Her husband had a severe tooth ache which the Lord almost instantaneously took away when I prayed for him.  Encouraged by God healing his tooth ache, I eagerly wanted to pray for his knee as well.  He also was going to have a knee replacement soon but when I prayed for his knee nothing seemed to happen.  Still we had a great time of praise and fellowship together right in the middle of the Mall.

I also prayed for another person who had back injuries with no obvious healing.  On the way out of the Mall I again asked the Lord, "Give me one more to pray for."  When I went out the exit doors to the Mall, there was an older mother and her daughter going out with me.  I asked them if they needed prayer and the mother said she needed prayer for her knees. There wasn't any obvious signs of healing but this was the second time today God answered my prayer to give me one more.  I guess that's a good thing to ask for that He will almost always give us.

Great 6th Day in My Journey!  I can't wait to see what God's going to do tomorrow.  Check again tomorrow to see what will happen on the 7th Day of My Journey to Experience More.

No comments:

Post a Comment