Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 5 - Act What I Believe Not How I Feel

This is Day 5 of my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and I decided that today I would simply act like what I already believed I was or what I wanted to be.  It wasn't that much different than before, I approached 10 people to ask if they needed prayer - 8 obviously needed prayer and only 2 did not have any obvious signs.  Out of the 10 people I asked to pray for, 4 people wanted to receive prayer and it didn't appear that anyone was completely healed today.  However, today I rediscovered a valuable lesson in my journey to experience more.  Read on to find out the lesson I learned and the rest of the story.

I had to get an early start because of a doctor's appointment for my son.  There wasn't a lot of time for personal one-on-one time with the Lord so I wasn't feeling quite up to going out and praying for others when I pulled up to the Wal-Mart parking lot (one of my new favorite places to go to pray for people).  To be Honest, my motivation today was out of sheer determination of the goal I made to approach 10 people a day for prayer. 

I wanted something more than what I had in the past.  I wanted more words of knowledge, more healing experiences, more prophecies, more deliverances, and especially more of the presence of God in my life.  I wanted to be naturally supernatural.   So instead of acting out of the way I felt,  I pushed in for what I knew I already was in Christ - A child of the King with all of God's Kingdom backing me and empowering me to do wave making, life transformational, supernatural stuff for Him sharing his goodness and love with others around me.  I acted out what I believed not how I felt at the time and eventually by the end of the day my feelings caught up with my beliefs and my actions.

The first guy I met was in the back of the store.  I believe the Holy Spirit led me right to him because I had a strong sense that I needed to turn around and go to where he was sitting.  I didn't see him at first I just had a strong impression that someone needed prayer in that direction.  The first one to pray for almost always seems to be the hardest to approach.  But because I wanted act out what I believed about my self and not how I felt, I went immediately to a guy who now I saw had a soft cast on his right foot.  He was willing to receive my prayer but nothing seemed to happen after I prayed.  However, he was touched by the love of God as his eyes started to well up.  He thanked me for praying.  I blessed him and let him know how much God loves him.

It was pretty easy after the first one.  As soon as I saw someone who needed prayer I went after them right away even though I might have felt a little trepidation.  I was able to pray for a guy who had a mental illness who was very happy that I prayed for him.  I prayed for another man's back who felt his spine heat up after I prayed but wasn't able to confirm anything else.  I went after an older guy in a mobile cart that became very upset when I asked him if I could pray for him.  I did not react to his negative response because I was pressing in for what I knew I was in Christ.  When we see ourselves as our Father sees us, the beloved cherished children that He delights in, others negative comments don't affect us that much. 

I left there and went to the mall to pray for six more people and share God's love and goodness but only one wanted prayer.  I actually finished up an hour earlier than before and even though no one appeared to be healed I took a step forward in my journey to experience more to push in for what I believe and not how I feel.   I can't wait to see what God's going to do tomorrow.   Check back again to see what happens on my 6th Day of the Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment